Application for 2017
Wenatchee Valley Misawa Sister City
Applications must be complete and your check and a copy of your passport or passport application must be attached or your application will be returned.
**Please complete the online application; no handwritten application will be accepted. Application deadline is February 27, 2017. Please attach the following with your application. Click on the following link to access the Misawa Adult Ambassador application form. Adult Application
Adults selected as Ambassadors must be available August 12-21, 2016, to travel with the Sister City Delegation to Misawa, Japan, as Ambassadors of goodwill.
Adults selected must submit a current passport, submit $200 down payment (refundable if not selected), and pay individual delegation costs (additional cost of approx. $2300-which includes the airfare).
First payment for Airline Ticket is due by March 15, 2017 with the remainder of the balance due by June 1, 2017.
- Ambassadors are to be current members of the Wenatchee Valley Misawa Sister City Association. Membership dues are $35.00 per family/individual.
- Selected Ambassadors will be expected to abide by a dress code throughout the trip. Red and blue shirts with the Sister City logo name will be purchased by everyone and worn a assigned to many events while on the August trip.
- Ambassadors must be physically able to carry their own luggage on stairs and when boarding trains, subway, etc., throughout the trip as well as walk up to 5 miles each day while touring in Tokyo and Misawa.
- Ambassadors should expect to encounter many cultural differences. In order to enjoy the trip, and attitude of fun, flexibility, and openness to new experiences is required. These experiences will include new foods, schedule changes, and other cultural differences. Expect an adventure, and you won't be disappointed!
- Ambassadors will be staying with a Japanese host family. You will be eating some meals with your family, and some meals with the group, as supplied by the Misawa Sister City Organization. An attitude of gratitude and graciousness is expected at all times.
- Adults are required to attend a local Japan Evening, to learn basic Japanese phrases and more about Japanese culture and etiquette.